- 1 Why won’t my iPhone videos play on Apple TV?
- 2 How can I play movies from my iPhone to my TV using Apple TV?
- 3 Can you airdrop a video to Apple TV?
- 4 Why is Apple TV not working on my phone?
- 5 How do I get my iPhone to play on Apple TV?
- 6 How can I stream from my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
- 7 How do I connect my iPhone to my TV without HDMI?
- 8 Is anything free on Apple TV App?
- 9 Can I play video from iPhone to TV with USB?
- 10 How do I play videos from my iPhone on my Samsung TV?
- 11 What TVs can you AirPlay on?
- 12 How do I transfer videos to Apple TV?
- 13 How do I add Home Videos to Apple TV?
- 14 Can you add movies to Apple TV?
Why won’t my iPhone videos play on Apple TV?
Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.
How can I play movies from my iPhone to my TV using Apple TV?
Mirror your iPhone on Apple TV or a smart TV
- Open Control Center.
- Tap Screen Mirroring, then choose your Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV as the playback destination. If an AirPlay passcode appears on the TV screen, enter the passcode on your iPhone.
Can you airdrop a video to Apple TV?
Question: Q: Can I airdrop to my TV Answer: A: No, airdrop only works between iOS and OS X devices. You can stream content with AirPlay if you have an Apple TV.
Why is Apple TV not working on my phone?
If you’re having problems and the Apple TV app still doesn’t respond after restarting, try resetting the Apple TV app. Resetting the Apple TV app restores it to original settings and removes your personal information, TV shows, and movies from the smart TV.
How do I get my iPhone to play on Apple TV?
Watch shows and movies in the Apple TV app on iPhone
- Watch Apple TV+ or Apple TV channels: Tap Play.
- Choose a different video app: If the title is available from multiple apps, scroll down to How To Watch, then choose an app.
- Buy or rent: Confirm your selection, then complete the payment.
- Download: Tap.
How can I stream from my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
You can use a cable like Apple’s Digital AV Adapter, to easily connect your iPhone and mirror your entire screen to the TV in 1080p picture quality and sound. The Apple Digital AV Adapter can be bought for $49 and connects your Apple device to your TV’s HDMI port.
How do I connect my iPhone to my TV without HDMI?
If you have an older monitor without an HDMI input, Apple also sells a Lightning to VGA Adapter. Once you have an adapter, here’s what to do: Connect the adapter to an HDMI (or VGA) cable. Connect the cable to an input on your television or monitor.
Is anything free on Apple TV App?
Many Apple TV channels offer completely free content, with no strings attached. For a complete list, description and price of every Apple TV channel, read “Apple TV Channels”. If you’re looking for a quick reference of Apple TV channel costs, check out “Apple TV Channels by Cost”.
Can I play video from iPhone to TV with USB?
As iPhones and iPads don’ t have USB, you can’t use this as a connection method. But you can connect iOS devices to a TV using a cable. To connect your iPhone to a TV you’ll need the Lightning digital AV adapter for HDMI outputs, or the Lightning to VGA adapter if you have a VGA display. Buy the cable that fits your TV.
How do I play videos from my iPhone on my Samsung TV?
On your iPhone, open the Photos app. Select the photo or video you want to share, and then tap the Share icon at the bottom left. Tap AirPlay, and then tap the TV you want to stream to. The image or video will display on the TV.
What TVs can you AirPlay on?
These Are the TVs That Will Support Apple’s AirPlay 2
- LG OLED (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM9X series (2019)
- LG NanoCell SM8X series (2019)
- LG UHD UM7X series (2019)
- Samsung QLED Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 8 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 7 Series (2019 and 2018)
- Samsung 6 Series (2019 and 2018)
How do I transfer videos to Apple TV?
If you have video files on your computer, you can import them into the Apple TV app so they appear in your media library. In the Apple TV app on your Mac, choose File > Import. Locate a file or folder, then click Open. If you add a folder, all the files it contains are added to your library.
How do I add Home Videos to Apple TV?
To use Home Sharing to access your computer’s media library on your Apple TV, sign in to Home Sharing on your Apple TV:
- Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Home Sharing.
- Select Turn on Home Sharing.
- Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
Can you add movies to Apple TV?
You can import video files so that you can watch them in the Apple TV app. In the Apple TV app on your Mac, choose File > Import. Locate a video file on your Mac, then click Open. Imported videos appear in the Home Videos category in the sidebar of your library.