- 1 How do you play basketball simple?
- 2 What can I write about basketball?
- 3 How do you start a basketball story?
- 4 What are the 13 rules of basketball?
- 5 What skills do you need to play basketball?
- 6 Can you learn basketball by yourself?
- 7 Why is it called basketball?
- 8 What basketball means to me?
- 9 What are the benefits of playing basketball?
- 10 What is a sport story?
- 11 How can I write script?
- 12 How do you write a sports feature?
How do you play basketball simple?
When a player has the basketball there are certain rules they must follow:
- The player must bounce, or dribble, the ball with one hand while moving both feet.
- The basketball player can only take one turn at dribbling.
- The ball must stay in bounds.
- The players hand must be on top of the ball while dribbling.
What can I write about basketball?
Basketball Essay Topics
- Why is bullying in basketball teams not stopped?
- How to cope with an injury in a basketball game.
- Should we cultivate the love for basketball in children?
- Who is the best NBA basketball player of all time?
- Healthy career, unhealthy retirement.
- Basketball is too dangerous for players.
How do you start a basketball story?
How to Write a Basketball Game Recap
- Determine Your Story Focus. The classic “who, what, when, where, why” journalism still works for basketball game stories.
- Gather Your Information. The work starts before the game.
- Write a Strong Lede.
- Support Your Lede.
- Write Tight and Bright.
What are the 13 rules of basketball?
2. The 13 Original Rules of Basketball
- The ball can be thrown in any direction with one or both hands.
- The ball can be batted in any direction with one or both hands, but never with the fist.
- A player cannot run with the ball.
- The ball must be held in or between the hands.
What skills do you need to play basketball?
Important Basketball Skills
- Shooting. Let’s face it, shooting may be the most important skill to have.
- Passing. Since basketball is a team sport, passing is an aspect that you’re just going to have to learn.
- Dribbling. Dribbling is easily the most important skill for any basketball player to master.
Can you learn basketball by yourself?
Practicing Basketball Alone and Making The Most Out of It. Playing basketball is fun and there’s nothing better than going down to your local half court and playing some pick-up games with your friends. Playing alone is also a good way to practice new skills without fear of making mistakes.
Why is it called basketball?
For that first game of basketball in 1891, Naismith used as goals two half-bushel peach baskets, which gave the sport its name. The students were enthusiastic. After much running and shooting, William R. Chase made a midcourt shot—the only score in that historic contest.
What basketball means to me?
A basketball could be just a toy for many, or even represent a release for others, but for me, it means a lot more. A basketball represents my blood, sweat, tears, passion, sacrifice, and most of all, a sense of belonging, like a family. The first thing that a basketball represents, for me, is change.
What are the benefits of playing basketball?
Playing basketball helps to improve motor coordination, flexibility, and endurance. It also encourages speed, agility, and strength. These skills are shown to have a positive effect on promoting a healthy body weight and encouraging more physical activity, which can enhance cardiorespiratory fitness and self-esteem.
What is a sport story?
Sports Story • a form of writing that reports on sporting topics and games. • A form of journalism (or creative nonfiction) in which a sporting event, individual athlete, or sports-related issue serves as the dominant subject. • Considered as the most popular form of journalistic writing.
How can I write script?
How to Write a Script – Top 10 Tips
- Finish your script.
- Read along as you watch.
- Inspiration can come from anywhere.
- Make sure your characters want something.
- Show. Don’t tell.
- Write to your strengths.
- Starting out – write about what you know.
- Free your characters from cliché
How do you write a sports feature?
Not everything is interesting.
- Tell a story.
- Cite a surprising statistic.
- Find a new twist on a common phrase.
- Relate to a topical theme.
- Make a strong declaration.
- Contradict conventional thinking.
- Pose a question.
- BE CREATIVE!