- 1 What are the basic blues chords?
- 2 What guitar is best for blues?
- 3 Can I play blues on acoustic guitar?
- 4 Is blues scale major or minor?
- 5 How do I start learning blues guitar?
- 6 What is the 3 chord trick?
- 7 What is the most common key for blues?
- 8 What are the 3 most important guitar chords?
- 9 Are stratocasters good for blues?
- 10 Are telecasters good for blues?
What are the basic blues chords?
15 easy blues guitar chords to learn
- A7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- A7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- C7 (moveable) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (open) (Image credit: Future)
- G7 (moveable) (Image credit: Chords)
- E7 (open) (Image credit: Chords)
- E7 (moveable) (Image credit: Chords)
What guitar is best for blues?
The best blues guitars you can buy right now
- Fender Vintera ’70s Stratocaster.
- Gibson Les Paul Standard ’50s.
- Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster.
- PRS SE Paul’s Guitar.
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard PlusTop Pro.
- Gretsch G5655TG Electromatic Center Block Jr.
- Danelectro ’59XT.
- Guild Newark St Collection S-200 T-Bird.
Can I play blues on acoustic guitar?
Playing the blues on an acoustic guitar is one of the quickest ways you can start playing songs on the guitar while still learning fundamental guitar basics. That’s why 30 Days to Play starts you off learning the blues. Think of it as a mini blues guitar lesson that will propel your growth.
Is blues scale major or minor?
Greenblatt defines two blues scales, the major and the minor. The major blues scale is 1, 2,♭3, 3, 5, 6 and the minor is 1, ♭3, 4, ♭5, 5, ♭7. The latter is the same as the hexatonic scale described above.
How do I start learning blues guitar?
The Best Way to Learn Blues Guitar
- Learn a basic blues shuffle.
- Practice playing the shuffle along with a drum machine or backing track.
- Learn some simple blues guitar licks.
- Practice playing those licks over a backing track.
- Pick an easy blues song and start learning it from start to finish.
What is the 3 chord trick?
The three chord trick refers to the practice of accompanying a melody by only three chords. There are large numbers of melodies, both popular and classical, that can be harmonised in this way.
What is the most common key for blues?
The two most common keys in blues music are E and A.
What are the 3 most important guitar chords?
According to my bud, Andy B, the three most common guitar chords every man should know are G Major, C Major and D Major.
Are stratocasters good for blues?
The Stratocaster is hands down one of the best guitars for Blues. If you don’t want to stretch to the price of a USA made version, the Fender Player Series Stratocaster, like the one pictured, is made in Mexico.
Are telecasters good for blues?
The Telecaster or Tele has more twang (high end) then the Stratocaster. It is better known as a country guitar but the Telecaster is also used as a Blues guitar. Telecasters are very bright and twangy, making them great guitars for intricate and technical licks, complex picking and country influenced Blues playing.