- 1 How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
- 2 How do you cite a play in APA?
- 3 How do you in-text cite a play script?
- 4 How do you cite a play title?
- 5 How do you cite a play performance?
- 6 How do you cite a script?
- 7 How do u cite a website?
- 8 How do you cite Macbeth in works cited?
- 9 How do you cite Hamlet in an essay?
How do you cite a Shakespeare play in MLA?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you cite a play in APA?
Here is the basic format for a reference list entry of a play in APA style 7th edition:
- Author(s) of the play.
- (Year of publication).
- Title of the play.
How do you in-text cite a play script?
For in-text references, cite the script by the author’s last name and cite the performance by the performance name, in accordance with the works-cited-list entries.
How do you cite a play title?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you cite a play performance?
Use the following structure to cite a live performance in MLA format: Playwright First Name Last Name. Performance Title. Directed by Director First Name Last Name, Theater Company, Date Seen, Theater Name, City, State.
How do you cite a script?
- Name of the movie script author.
- Name of the movie script (Manuscript)
- Name of the city where the script was published (if this has been published)
- Publisher’s name (if this has been published)
- Page number from where the citation has been picked.
- URL of the script (if it is taken from an online source)
How do u cite a website?
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
How do you cite Macbeth in works cited?
General information about MLA and Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of the plays – Macbeth (for the play), Macbeth (for the character)
- You may abbreviate the title of the play in the parenthetical citation (check with your teacher first)
- Do not use page numbers in parenthetical citation – always include (act.scene.lines)
How do you cite Hamlet in an essay?
- Author’s last name, first name. Title. Translated or edited by first name last name, publisher, year published, page numbers.
- Shakespeare, William. Hamlet. Edited by George Richard Hibbard, Oxford UP, 2008, pp. 18-22.
- Author’s last name, first initial. (Year published). Title.
- Shakespeare, W. (1996). Hamlet.