- 1 How do I add my device to Google Play?
- 2 How do I associate a device with my Google account?
- 3 How do I share my Google Play music with another device?
- 4 What does it mean this Google account is not yet associated with a device?
- 5 How do I add a device to my Google home?
- 6 How do I get the Google Play Store app on my phone?
- 7 How can I see what devices are connected to my Google account?
- 8 Can I use my Google account on multiple devices?
- 9 How do I add a trusted device to my Google account?
- 10 Can I share my Google Play Music account?
- 11 How do you share apps between two devices?
- 12 Can you share apps across devices?
- 13 How do you fix this Google account is not yet associated with a device?
- 14 How do I fix my Google account is not associated with my device?
- 15 How do I make my device compatible with apps?
How do I add my device to Google Play?
Without any ado, here is how to add a device to your Google Play account:
- Launch the Settings app on your Android, Chromebook, or iOS device.
- Next, you need to select Accounts (Users and Accounts on some devices).
- Next, choose Add.
- Tap on Google Services and enter your verification method if prompted.
How do I associate a device with my Google account?
Connect a device to your Google Account
- Sign in to the same Google Account on your computer and mobile device. Sign in on your computer: Go to Google. In the top right, select Sign in. Sign in on your phone or tablet: Open the Google Maps app.
- Follow the steps to turn on notifications.
With the Google Play App open in one device. Sharing Playlist: Library (bottom nav bar) -> Playlist (top nav bar) – > Select Triple Dot option on the desired Playlist -> Share -> Use Airdrop This requires that you and the other user (family account member) has an Apple account and is signed in and connected with you.
What does it mean this Google account is not yet associated with a device?
If you open the Google Play Store on your system and try to logged in into a Google Account which is not connected to the Android phone, Tablet or kindle device, that means it will indicate that the user don’t have access of a device associated with to the account.
How do I add a device to my Google home?
Step 2. Connect smart home devices to your speakers and displays
- Open the Google Home app.
- At the top left, tap Add Set up device. Works with Google.
- Select the manufacturer of the device from the list.
- Follow the in-app steps to complete setup.
How do I get the Google Play Store app on my phone?
Find the Google Play Store app
- On your device, go to the Apps section.
- Tap Google Play Store.
- The app will open and you can search and browse for content to download.
How can I see what devices are connected to my Google account?
Review devices where you’re signed in
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, select Security.
- On the Your devices panel, select Manage devices.
- You’ll see devices where you’re currently signed in to your Google Account. For more details, select a device.
Can I use my Google account on multiple devices?
Choose which device to use multiple accounts on On your Android phone or tablet, say ” Hey Google, open Assistant settings.” Or, go to Assistant settings. Accounts. Tap the account you want to use for your device. Under “Devices,” next to the device you want to use, check the box.
How do I add a trusted device to my Google account?
With trusted computers and devices, you don’t need to enter a verification code each time you sign in. Remove computers & devices from your trusted list
- Open your Google Account.
- Under “Security,” select Signing in to Google.
- Choose 2-Step Verification.
With the family plan, everyone in your family group shares a Google Play Music subscription and can: Stream music at the same time. Use Google Play Music on up to 10 devices each. Share eligible purchased items on Google Play using Family Library.
Tap the hamburger menu in the top-left to open the overflow menu.
- Next, select “My Apps & Games” from the menu.
- You’ll be brought to the “Updates” tab on the My Apps & Games page.
- Tap the “Send” button to begin the process with Nearby Share.
- You may be asked to give the Google Play Store access to your location.
Open the app, accept its terms, and grant it permission to access files on your device. Find the app you want to save and tap the three-dot menu icon beside it. Select “Share,” then select a destination you’ll be able to access on your other phone — like Google Drive or an email to yourself.
How do you fix this Google account is not yet associated with a device?
If you open the Google Play Store on your computer and are logged in to a Google Account that is not connected to your Android Tablet, it will indicate that you do not have a device associated with your account. You will need to either change the Google Account you use on your tablet or the one you use on the website.
How do I fix my Google account is not associated with my device?
- On your computer, go to Google Play.
- In the top right, click your profile picture.
- If you’re not signed in to the right account, click Sign out, then sign in again with the right account.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app.
- Search for the app you’re trying to install.
How do I make my device compatible with apps?
It appears to be an issue with Google’s Android operating system. To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again.